Thursday, June 13, 2013

With the blink of an eye..

Summer is here, and already it's flying by. Just last week I had the delightful opportunity to participate in my church's Kid's Camp. Three blissful days full of laughter, sore arms and legs, sweet memories, and most importantly~ flag tag. During the week of camp, it felt like one moment we were only just beginning camp and then *boom* Saturday was already here and t-shirt signing along with farewells made an appearance as well. Each year at camp seems more and more special, and each year it seems like more memories to be treasured are made. I miss it you guys. It seems like time is like a thief in the wind, swooping down and making things go faster than they should. So often I catch myself wanting to pinch my arm when I think about how it's my Senior year this coming Fall. What?! Senior year...what happened to being that little 12 year old braces face girl who didn't have a care in the world and played in the woods, fighting battles against invisible forces until the street lights in the neighborhood came on? Now the battles of adulthood and responsibility are rising from the ground and slapping me in the face. It would be easy for me to lose myself to the memories of childhood and wishing that they would come back. I could easily sit in a corner, rocking to and fro, shaking my head "no" and crying, all the while saying : "I don't want to grow up" But then I think, I can make the most of my senior year, of growing up, of pursuing a job, applying for college, or making new friends. I think we all have those moments where we wish we could go back to being that little kid with no worries or responsibility. I realize now that this summer and this coming fall, it's a new chapter in life..a chapter that is waiting to be read and conquered. Before I know it my senior year will come and go, life will encounter it's uphill battles, friend's will come and go, all with the blink of an eye. Make the most of the time you have now and cherish those who surround you with love and kindness.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" ~ Dr. Seuss

~Carmen 



3 comments:

  1. Amen hun. Totally get what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I'm scared and I wish time could sometimes be turned back...but it will be okay....I think. Yes. Of course it will. Yay for being a senior.

    ReplyDelete