Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oh Happy Day 2012

2011 has come and gone and a new year-2012 is upon us. My Marine brother Zac called today. After 6 months of complete and utter silence from him we received a phone call. Actually there is more to it then that. My mom and I were on the way to church and she realized that she had forgotten her phone. We were going to turn back but I piped up and told her I had my phone. Off we went to church all smiley and what not. Of course during church my phone vibrates and I get a text from my soon to be sister in law telling me that Zac wants to talk to mom on facebook. I know, I know, reading text messages in church "how rude" but hey in this case I think it was worth it to check on my phone ...ssshhh haha :) After church we hurry home, both of us eager to see if my brother had called...he had 5 times. You know that sick feeling you get in your stomache when you feel guilty about something? That's how I felt when I saw we missed his call. However there is a happy ending to this whole narrative I'm writing for a blog post, he called. Not once but twice. The second time, the generator cut out and but to be honest- that didn't stop my mom and I from talking to blank oblivion in hopes that he could still hear us over the static.It was a great way to spend a new day of a new year.

More later!!
~Carmen 



2 comments:

  1. Oh you heathen-- texting in church! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carmen, You've been TAGGED! Go to my blog and do the eleven quiz!

    ReplyDelete